They’ve been in business since 1974, and are the innovators behind the amazing REPREVE technology. Now our friends at Unifi are rebranding and launching a brand new innovation, all debuted at the 2018 Outdoor Retailer Summer Market over the last few days. What a busy time they are having!
As part of the new branding, Unifi has repositioned its performance technologies to be benefit focused making it easier for customers to select the properties that are most important to their consumers. Unifi’s proprietary Tru-technologies offer a wide range of performance properties such as wicking, thermal comfort, full coverage, bounce, stretch, sun protection and water resistance. Examples of the new Tru-technologies and benefits featured in various fabric constructions at the 2018 Outdoor Retailer Summer Market include:
• TruTemp365™– High-tech fibers for fabric that performs, providing year-round comfort in warm or cool weather.
• TruDry™– Breathable, moisture-wicking fiber technology helps keep fabrics cool, dry and comfortable.
• TruCover™– Fibers with an increased surface area deliver flexible, lightweight stretch and coverage without show through.
• TruFlexx™– Fibers that allow fabrics to move freely and stretch without binding or sagging.
• TruCool™– Performance fibers create fabrics that feel cool to the touch.
• TruTouch™–Fibers with cotton-like softness provide a natural touch and feel.
“Consumers want reliable performance that lasts the life of the garment, and that’s why we strive to deliver options with our high-quality fiber and technology platforms,” said Jay Hertwig, group vice president of global brand sales. “By offering a wide range of products focused on benefits, we can help our customers create innovative fabrics that solve everyday problems and meet and exceed their consumers’ expectations.”
The REPREVE #TurnItGreen National Mobile Tour has also been on-site at the Outdoor Retailer Summer Market, where attendees had the opportunity to experience firsthand how recycled bottles are transformed into performance fibers. To date, Unifi has transformed more than 12 billion recycled plastic bottles into REPREVE products, and has a goal to recycle 30 billion bottles by 2022.
For news updates from Unifi, visit https://unifi.com/news or follow Unifi on Twitter (@UnifiSolutions).