To a Second Half of 2020 that’s better than the FIRST one

0
217

We collect sayings. Here we share those that have to do with the pure power of networking. With all that has happened in these months of quarantine –  family, house, neighborhood, community, work, company, customers, suppliers and so much more – we in this network have one proven risk-reducing tool – the power of being connected.

The brilliant futurist Marshall McLuhan once wrote, “We become what we behold. We shape our tools, and thereafter our tools shape us.” We built this network and now our network shapes our ability to survive and prosper in a most unique and safe way. You know the old saying, "when all you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail"? You are connected to over 1,000 hammers, real people, who give back, who have your back – so we're ready when this all COMES back!

Happy Second Half of 2020. We're in this together.

SAYINGS ON CONNECTEDNESS:

All things are connected like the blood that unites us. We do not weave the web of life, we are merely a strand in it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. – Chief Seattle

The more complex the network is, the more complex its pattern of interconnections, the more resilient it will be. – Fritjof Capra

Relationships are all there is. Everything in the universe only exists because it is in relationship to everything else. Nothing exists in isolation. We have to stop pretending we are individuals that can go it alone. – Margaret J. Wheatley

There are two questions that we have to ask ourselves. The first is ‘Where am I going?’ and the second is ‘Who will go with me?’ – Howard Thurman

Maybe we are not here to see each other but to see each other through. – Anonymous

There is no power for change greater than a community discovering what it cares about. – Margaret J. Wheatley

We are like islands in the sea, separate on the surface but connected in the deep. – William James

If you have an apple and I have an apple and we exchange apples, then you and I will still each have one apple. But if you have an idea and I have an idea and we exchange these ideas, then each of us will have two ideas. — George Bernard Shaw

The most important thing in communication is hearing what is not said. — Peter F. Drucker

I never learned from a man who agreed with me. — Tom Peters

The four most important words determining organization effectiveness: “WHAT DO YOU THINK? — Dave Wheeler

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. — Dr. Seuss

The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place. – George Bernard Shaw.

None of us is as smart as all of us. — Kenneth Blanchard, The One Minute Manager

It's what you learn after you know it all that counts. — John Wooden

80% of people could care less about your problems, and the other 20% are glad you have them. — Lou Holtz

Nobody makes it into the history books based on how they responded to good times. — anonymous

The new electronic independence re-creates the world in the image of a global village. — Marshall McLuhan

Every society honors its live conformists and its dead troublemakers.  — Mignon McLaughlin

Tom Peters, “Your true core network will rarely number more than a dozen people.” — Tom Peters

And a closing quote from Marshall McLuhan, "The only people who have proof of their sanity are those who have been discharged from mental institutions".